Today, wireless technology is ubiquitous in many places. Since the 1980s, there has been an explosion in the popularity of mobile, wireless technology. At first, that sounds great, right? After all, what could be so bad about wireless? Sure, it isn’t secure, it isn’t reliable, it isn’t fast, it interferes with your social life, as is acknowledged by motivational speaker Simon Sinek, and it leads to digital addiction, but what’s not to like about that? Haven’t mobile devices and social networking improved our lives immeasurably? Haven’t they??
Cell phones, cordless phones, walkie-talkies, WiFi, “smart”-meters, microwave ovens, and all other wireless technologies, emit radiofrequency radiation, which the World Health Organization has classified as a Class 2B carcinogen. In the past five decades, there have been thousands of peer-reviewed studies released that state wireless technology has the ability to negatively affect health. Today, relatively few people know about this, because wireless companies that make trillions off of ignorant customers would like to keep their customers, well, ignorant. While 70% of non-industry studies have reported negative health effects associated with wireless, only 30% of industry studies report any such finding. By “conducting” their own studies and buying research, they have largely succeeded in preventing the public from knowing what they need to know. This website, and many others, aim to change that by educating the public and empowering them to take action.
Today, a growing number of people are becoming aware of the health impacts. Wireless communications negatively affect all life as we are all bioelectrical organisms whose cells communicate using fragile electrical impulses. The cells in our bodies are incredibly complex life forms that have evolved over thousands of years to the natural background levels of RF radiation in our environment. Today, we are exposed to 100 million to 10 billion times more radiation than our grandparents were, and this radiation has been shown to have biological implications in thousands of peer-reviewed studies. The FCC standards are essentially useless, being at least 3 million times higher than levels at which severe biological implications have been observed at the cellular level. Wireless can tamper with, or alter our internal chemistry, since we are essentially a giant antenna. Some of the negative health implications caused or exacerbated by wireless communications include sleep disorders, insomnia, calcium efflux, difficulty concentrating, headaches, heart palpitations, cardiac stress, cancer, brain tumors, neuron damage, migraines, fatigue, tinnitus, negative thoughts, digestive problems, brain fog, DNA damage, memory loss, ADHD, autism, depression, stress, dizziness, cell mutations, decreased brain activity, neutralized sperm, infertility, asthma, allergies, rashes, and electrohypersensitivity. Children are even more vulnerable, as their heads are smaller and they have higher water content, and thus they absorb more of the radiation – much of it penetrating deep into their brains; this is why people who begin to use cell phones on a regular basis before age 20 are five times more likely to develop malignant brain tumors throughout their lifetime. Brain tumor rates have increased fivefold since the 1980s, autism rates are exponentially increasing, and today’s children complain of excessive fatigue and are more depressed than ever. Today’s schools, with their tablets, laptops, cell phones and Wi-Fi, are doing little to remedy this situation.
There is also the safety concern – more people had landlines in the late 20th century than do today – which may put countless lives in jeopardy – it is now easier than ever to reach 911 but harder than ever for them to find you. In an emergency, access to a landline telephone could be the difference between life and death.
Concerned? You should be. While the FCC and wireless carriers want to play games with your health, we think you should know the facts. Many scientists are already heading appeals urging schools to eradicate Wi-Fi from their facilities.
Start by taking a look at some great resources, including some of the research. Read a few articles, watch a few videos, and hear what the experts have to say about this public health and safety crisis.
Finally, consider signing petitions to ensure that everyone has universal, reliable, affordable access to landlines.
There are many reasons that wireless is a bad idea, namely:
- Health impacts
- Physiological health (changes in the environment and biology)
- Social health (increasing reliance on mobile devices for interaction and a lack of connection with the present)
- Psychological health (wireless devices can cause functional impairments and change human behavior)
Read more about why wireless is a bad idea from a technical standpoint at The InterLinked Project. You can also read this anonymous emotional letter from a sufferer of electromagnetic hypersensitivity.
Whatever you do, don’t do nothing! Wireless is, without a doubt, the biggest public crisis of the 21st century – from a health, safety, privacy, and functionality standpoint. Some people may also believe that there is no relationship between wireless and negative health effects. If anyone tells you that wireless is safe, DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. There have been thousands of studies, and there are millions around the world who are disabled because of wireless and/or have had their health negatively affected by wireless. The smoking gun was shot long ago and has been shot many times since. You can read some testimonies here from people all over the United States who experienced severe health issues due to just smart-meters alone. Big corporations and utilities will try to mislead you so they can profit from ignorant customers. Many people refuse to believe it as they do not want to give up their “convenient” lifestyle. They may jokingly ask if you’re wearing a tin-foil hat. Don’t believe that the FCC will protect you either – for many years, the government told us that tobacco and lead were perfectly safe – and the FCC doesn’t even deal with health effects (more info in the letter above). Even the country of Austria has yet to deal with EMR in a meaningful way. The type of denial we’re going through with wireless is nothing new. We’re seeing it today with vaccinations as well. You may be new to the issue and you may not know what to believe. That’s why we’ve compiled tens of dozens of resources for you to take a look at! Remember, anyone who says that wireless is safe or does not cause any negative health effects is either lying, misinformed or ignorant. The truth is that wireless is not safe and cannot be made safe – and has no future – regardless of the viewpoints held by many groups that try to cast doubt on the science or even corrupt it. The science is being deliberately obscured, manipulated, and ignored by both our elected officials and the industries that profit off of these technologies. Don’t let people who want your money or are misinformed dictate your health and safety – be proactive today!
Here are 6 essential steps to living a healthier, safer, longer life:
- Ditch the cell phone. You don’t need it, and if you think you do, that’s a physcological problem, not reality. Use your landline to stay connected at home…
- …But don’t use a cordless phone! Cordless phones are just as dangerous as , if not more dangerous than, cell phones. If you need a corded phone or standalone answering machine, you can buy one from StopSmartMeters! — all proceeds from your purchase directly fund grassroots activism. *Note, if you have a landline, you should be able to use a rotary telephone.
- “Smart meters” are not smart. If you don’t know what a smart meter is, chances are your utility has already installed one. Constant emitting of radiation, overcharging by up to 582%, bursting into flames or exploding, polluting your home with dirty electricity — seriously, who wants that? Switch back to an electromechanical analog meter – tried, tested, and true.
- Say bye to Wi-Fi and mobile devices. You don’t need to wirelessly connect to your network. Ethernet cables are faster, more reliable, and more secure. And that tablet that clearly lacks an Ethernet port? It was a dumb purchase to begin with.
- Don’t stand near the microwave oven while it’s in operation. Watch this short video which uncovers just how much radiation a microwave oven emits. Need I say more? A distance of at least 3 meters is critical, but preferably, go to another room or just ditch the microwave oven altogether. Your food will thank you.
- Educate your family and friends. Activists fighting this invisible toxin by themselves are never as successful as activists fighting together. More information about connecting with grassroots groups is available on the Contact page.
Our goal is to ensure that secure, safe, speedy and reliable wired technologies remain an option for all while warning the public that wireless is insecure, unreliable, slow, and most of all, harmful to health. Please share this site with your friends and family, as well as those in your community and anyone else with eyes or ears — as a non-profit, we rely heavily on word of mouth. You can support our movement by going to Stop Smart Meters’ Donation page and donating on our behalf.
Wireless Action does not receive any commissions or payments from the websites and organizations promoted on this website. Although many of these sites vary in validity and effectiveness, we promote them solely because we believe them to be an appropriate resource.